[chirp_users] TYT 9800 / chirp driver

Kent Garliepp
Tue Sep 15 20:42:00 PDT 2015

Here is a review from Amazon:
delberger on October 22, 2014
This TYT programming cable uses a pirate version of the FTDI USB-to-serial
chip. In order to combat this, FTDI has put code in their Windows driver
that prevents the pirated versions of this chip from working. In order to
use this cable, you have to install an older version of the FTDI driver and
make sure that it doesn't get updated.

It's annoying that they chose to use the knock-off chip, but what can you
expect? The radio is a knock-off of a Yaseu.

http://www.amazon.com/TYT-Programming-Cable-Th-9800-Software/dp/B00LYB98Y8

I read somewhere if you get the wrong driver it can lock out pirate chips.

Kent
AF7QO