[chirp_users] I think I need a newer firmware (factory) file than was listed on KC0HI

Jim Unroe
Mon Sep 14 18:42:38 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:28 PM, David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
<dhassall at zianet.com> wrote:
> Dear Members,
>

> My friends radio seems to have the dreaded audio blocking problem after
> another friend tried to program it.  I think it has
>
> A corrupted Settings .
>

> I downloaded the latest daily build and have this information:
>
> 1st firmware message: N5R2407
>
> 2nd firmware message: BFB297
>
> 6+[power-on message: 150425N
>

> Using this information I went to KC9HI’s listing or factory or rest image
> files and found:
>
> N5R2407(141006N)
>
> But no
>
> N5R2407(150425N)

David,

Here is what I would recommend...

Download and use "N5R2401(141006N)(factory).img"

It will replace the "main" part of memory (the part that needs fixed
and doesn't need to exactly match), but then will stop with an error
when the upload gets to the "aux" part of memory because the firmware
version being uploaded doesn't match the firmware of the radio. This
will leave the "aux" part of memory untouched and it doesn't need
repaired anyway.