[chirp_users] Icom IC-V82

Peter O'Hanlon
Mon Sep 14 02:52:09 PDT 2015

Thanks.

I'll try a different driver.  It's not a once-off; it happens every time.

Cheers

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Tom Hayward
Sent: 14 August 2015 01:09
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Icom IC-V82

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Peter O'Hanlon <pohanlon at iafrica.com> wrote:
> Ok the procedure I followed tonight was:
>
> Firstly … used windows to check the connection, downloaded from the radio and saved file.
> Uploaded to radio - worked 100%
>
> Then ran Chirp on the Mac
> Downloaded from the radio … all good - all settings as per the radio.
> Uploaded back to the radio … all looked good - the progress bar moved to 100%, and the radio showed CL IN … then waited a while and the progress bar disappeared and gave a message:
>
> An error has occurred.  Failure to communicate with radio: did not get clone result from radio.
>
> Switched the radio off, removed the programming cable, switched on and the radio screen showed "Clear" and everything is wiped from the radio and it is reset to factory default.
>
> Went back to Windows and reloaded file to the radio.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter
> ZS1OH

Chirp uses the same source code on every operating system, so we can rule out Chirp code as the source of this issue. What differs between operating systems is the USB serial driver. My guess the driver you have installed in OS X is not 100% compatible with the chip in your cable and the software and your cable stopped communicating partway through the transfer. I don't know much about your cable, but you might look into installing a different driver.

If it only happened once, it's also possible this was a transient error that you'll never see again (maybe a dirty connection to the radio).

Tom KD7LXL