[chirp_users] An error has occurred. Image not supported by radio:

Jim Unroe
Sat Sep 12 20:35:46 PDT 2015

Debra,

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM, dwilson <dwilson223 at cox.net> wrote:
> Ok, rats, and I thot I was doing so good... have no idea where the other
> firmware came from because I don't own any other radios and have never been
> in chirp before today, but nevertheless...

The radio probably got a bad load at the factory.

> May I ask how you could tell about the BFB firmware?

The memory layout changed when going from BFB firmware to N5R
firmware. They are not compatible an image from one to a radio of
another is not good. So if CHIRP detects this, it aborts the upload.

> I would like to confirm I understand what needs done here before I do it.
>
> So now I need to actually upload an old build (7-14-2014) into chirp.

Yes. You can use the "win32.zip" version. Just extract it anywhere
convenient. That way it won't mess with your current CHIRP. Just find
and double click on the "chirpw.exe" file.

The old version is needed because it doesn't have the check that keeps
you from uploading the wrong image into your radio. Without the old
version, uploading the BAO2.img into radio #1 would fail.

> Then I go to the KC9HI site and click on the F5R3407 BF-F8HP(150319N)
> (factory) img and that will load the factory image into chirp? (if I don't
> have the old build loaded this wont work?) and then I need to upload the
> factory file into radio 1 and then I have to reload the latest chirp build.
> Do I have that right?

Not exactly. You don't need to download anything because you can
upload your image from radio #2 or radio #3. Then once you are
successful, you can remove the folder that the 7-14-2014 version of
CHIRP is in.

> Will the other images I currently have in chirp be deleted when I load the
> old version?

Not if you do it the way I just explained to do it.