[chirp_users] trying to load and access chirp software

dwilson
Fri Sep 11 22:48:00 PDT 2015

I probably should not even be typing this request but I have bought a
baofeng f8hp radio and well, I may as well try to use it, so.

I was trying to get the chirp software loaded so I can get it setup. I used
the daily build install from the CHIRP website. It seemed to run ok but did
not give me a desktop icon. I was following the very clear and easy miklor
instructions but I have a version of windows that does not provide a start
button, neither does it give me an "all programs" selection (don't ask me
what version of windows I have because I don't know how to find that
either). So I used the "file explorer" option and found the CHIRP folder but
I do not see anything to click on to open the software. The folders I see
include: etc, lib, locale, share, stock_configs. I have looked around in
each of these but do not see any sort of .exe file to open the software.

Can someone help me understand what I am missing in this process. I know.
not a good sign if I can't even get the software open, not sure I'll know
what to do with it when I do, or how I will ever configure the radio, but
for now. I just need to be able to open the CHIRP software.

Thank you.

debra