[chirp_users] Firmware error

John LaMartina
Mon Sep 7 13:20:00 PDT 2015

Terry, Device manager is telling you that driver version 3.2.0.0 is working correctly. That’s a good thing.
You do not want to run CHIRP 0.4.1
It is over a year old and will not support your new radio.
Always go with the Latest Daily Build of CHIRP.

N5R3409 is very new, and may still need to be added to the Latest Daily Build list.

John

- http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of tcheek at frontier.com
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 3:50 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Firmware error

New Baofeng uv-5r out of box, purchased Saturday 9/6 at hamfest from vendor. Installed chirp 4.1 and downloaded driver prolific, 7/31/2007, version 3.2.0.0. Device manager tells me it is working correctly. I can download from the radio and add the NOAA bands into the software. When I attempt to upload I receive an ERROR of unsupported firmware N5R3409BFP3-25.

I previously installed chirp daily build for 8/15/2015 and got an error of wrong model selection of radio, there was only one uv-5r to choose from.

Running windows 7 professional

Any help will be appreciated.

Terry Cheek

Pastor