[chirp_users] UV5RE+ N5R-213 bug? Dual watch w no priority. Set to slot A, gets RX in slot B reverts to A to TX

Jim Unroe
Mon Sep 7 06:32:55 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Galen Thurber <galenthurber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes dual watch still works, but this bug/coding causes TX problems.
> Person one has radio set to the following
> A 154.6 Mhz
> B 446 Mhz
> TDR is on
> A is active
>
> Person two has radio set to
> A 146.52
> B 446
> TDR is on
> B is active
>
> Person 2 uses slot B to call 1.
> Person 1 hears 2 on slot B. ok
> Person 1 responds to call but radio switches to slot A (its starting
> position)
> Person 2 can not hear person 1 because of freq differences.
>
> If someone can clarify my writing then please do

Galen,

What you have stated above is completely clear.

Unfortunately this is something that Baofeng has accidentally or
intentionally changed. It began with the release of N5R firmware for
the UV-5R series of radios and variants about a year ago. It has just
recently started rolling out in the UV-82 radios with the N82
firmware.

This is the way the hardware works. CHIRP can do nothing about it.

The best you can do is get person 2 to say "this is person 2 calling
on 446" so that person 1 will know which frequency to reply on.