[chirp_users] UV5RE+ N5R-213 bug? Dual watch w no priority. Set to slot A, gets RX in slot B reverts to A to TX

Galen Thurber
Mon Sep 7 06:02:52 PDT 2015

Yes dual watch still works, but this bug/coding causes TX problems.
Person one has radio set to the following
A 154.6 Mhz
B 446 Mhz
TDR is on
A is active

Person two has radio set to
A 146.52
B 446
TDR is on
B is active

Person 2 uses slot B to call 1.
Person 1 hears 2 on slot B. ok
Person 1 responds to call but radio switches to slot A (its starting
position)
Person 2 can not hear person 1 because of freq differences.

If someone can clarify my writing then please do

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 7:21 AM, Galen Thurber <galenthurber at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > oh shucks, pretty much makes a 2 channel radio one. Will have to set
> radio's
> > A/B to the same channel in case radio RXs on the other A/B
> >

> Now why would you do that? Dual watch still works. It is dual watch
> priority is what is no longer useful. And instead of setting both
> displays to the same frequency/channel, just disable dual watch with
> menu 7 (TDR). That way only the selected display (A or B) will
> receive.
>
> Jim KC9HI

I've been on-line since late 1992
My computer recommendations: Puppy Linux operating system, passwordsafe,
truecrypt (private storage for hard drive/flash sticks), Pidgin Internet
Messenger, tor anonymous browsing bundle.
My information recommendations: antiwar.com therealnews.com alternet.org
quackwatch.com
Please join my boycott of: Eastlink, Facebook,Yahoo!, Microsoft