[chirp_users] FT-60 and CP2102

Steve Whitehead
Sat Oct 31 10:51:42 PDT 2015

Thanks for the response Jim.  I wish it as easy as finding a short.
I have three of the converted 6-in-1 cables and the behavior is the same.
I will keep playing with it.  I did not order the cheapest available CP2102
available from China and notice there are several different styles.
Perhaps this one is somehow different in levels or buffering from the
others.  I have read online others have had success programming the
FT-60 with the CP2102 so something is different.  One thing of note is
this is one of the CP2102s that John said has the TXD and RXD switched.

​On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Steve Whitehead <nv7vham at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using one of the 6-in-1 programming cables with the
counterfeit
> Prolific chip in it.  After reading John Miklor's article about using the
> CP2102
> in place of the Prolific counterfeit I replace the chip with the CP2102.
>
> The cable works perfectly with the UV-5R radios but no longer works with
the
> Yaesu FT-60.  It is the same with my MacBook Pro or if I use FT-60
> commander.
> I thought before I start spending several hours chasing this down I would
> ask
> if anyone else has run into this.
>
> Thanks,

Steve,