[chirp_users] FT-60 and CP2102

Jim Unroe
Fri Oct 30 06:04:53 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Steve Whitehead <nv7vham at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using one of the 6-in-1 programming cables with the counterfeit
> Prolific chip in it.  After reading John Miklor's article about using the
> CP2102
> in place of the Prolific counterfeit I replace the chip with the CP2102.
>
> The cable works perfectly with the UV-5R radios but no longer works with the
> Yaesu FT-60.  It is the same with my MacBook Pro or if I use FT-60
> commander.
> I thought before I start spending several hours chasing this down I would
> ask
> if anyone else has run into this.
>
> Thanks,

Steve,

I assume that this is one of those 6-in-1 programming cables that you
must plug in the correct adapter based on the radio that you are going
to program. That would mean that you use a different adapter for the
UV-5R than you do the FT-60. My guess is that the adapter for the
FT-60 has gone bad. It is probably only a coincidence that it happened
when the USB end was swapped out with a module containing a CP2102
chip. You might check the FT-60 adapter with a volt-ohm-meter for
shorts or opens.