[chirp_users] FW: Chirp not talking to radio - Ubuntu 14.04

kc6iih
Tue Oct 27 14:31:39 PDT 2015

Windows 10 is great.
No problems .
I like the start and search windows.
Good to have them back where they belong.

Jock A. Soutar
KC6IIH

Ok, found on the page relating to manual download that I need to type "chirpw" to run Chirp.

Would have been helpful to have that information on the download page, but never mind, got it running now and download from the radio works fine.

Btw, best thing about Linux is that I can use hardware that doesn't work in Windows. Like the adaptor for a led badge that uses a fake USB/serial chip.

Another best thing is that Windows 8.1 is abusing my HD and I can't use the computer due to it. MS have been unable to offer a fix so I am now a Ubuntu user.  Kind of fun finding what I can run without windows.  Not too bad really!

Thanks for your help and sorry to have bugged you

Wenlock
VK3YWB