[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R 7 watt version not recognized by Chirp?

Paul Hazell
Sat Oct 10 10:24:46 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone:

  Just wondering if anyone has encountered a problem when
trying to have Chirp recognize the Baofeng UV-5R (high power
version) 7 watts handheld?

  I purchased one of these 2 days ago and have not been able
to get Chirp to recognize it. It keeps saying that I have “Chosen
the wrong model number” from the list of radios that the software
recognizes. BUT I have been using the UV-5R setting??

The firmware version from the transceiver is BFP3-25.

I have downloaded the latest daily version of Chirp
      chirp-daily-20151009-installer.exe

and still have the same problem.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.

Best regards:

Paul Hazell
VE3KBI