[chirp_users] CHIRP with Linux Mint / Linux Zorin

Richard AG5M
Fri Oct 2 10:08:07 PDT 2015

Jim, Dave and others who responded.
I did what you said, but when I go to add dialout it asks for a Group name to be inserted.  What exactly is a "Group name"?  It's asking for some combination of lower case letters and numbers.  Not sure what to put in there for a Group name.

I also tried using terminal without success.  I typed in sudo usermod -a -G dialout USERNAME.  Are there spaces between usermod and -a-G username?  I tried with and without spaces, then ran id USERNAME but still could not find dia on the list.  Something basic here I'm still not in tune with.  More advice please???
Richard AG5M

On Thu, 10/1/15, Jim <rigor906 at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] CHIRP with Linux Mint / Linux Zorin
 To: "Richard AG5M" <ag5m at yahoo.com>, "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 5:26 PM

 In the
 case of Zorin OS, install gnome-system-tools and in the
 manage groups section add your user name to the " dial
 out " permissions.
 As for Linux Mint ,
 open the System Settings scroll to the bottom under
 Administration then tap on Users and Groups. The click on
 Your user name.  Look to the right bottom side of the pane
 and double click the groups list and add dial out.

 Sent from Jim
 Holt's iPad
 On Oct 1,
 2015, at 1:21 PM, Richard AG5M via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>