[chirp_users] 9000D

Tom Morris
Sat Nov 14 14:59:37 PST 2015

On one of my radios, I believe the Yaesu VX-6R, there appears to be no
option for that -- so I set the transmit frequency for the channel to
151.820 at low power. At least then it dumps harmlessly and "quietly" on
MURS...

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Eric Vought <evought at pobox.com> wrote:

> So it does, with exception of the IRP calling channels. Thank you.
>
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Tom Consodine ND5Y via chirp_users <
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>
>> You don't have the latest version of NIFOG then.
>> Version 1.6, May 2015, now recommends both CTCSS encode and decode on
>> the non-federal interoperability channels.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 11/14/2015 13:53, Eric Vought wrote:
>> > but here, we
>> > program our public service radios to send tone and receive open. That
>> > practice is also recommended in the NIFOG for the interoperability
>> > channels

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Exhibit Technician and Plastic Orange Tree Arborist, Miami Children's Museum
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles