[chirp_users] programming ft-8800 gives "ERROR: Clone failed: Radio did not ack block at 0"

dave at 661.org
Fri Nov 13 17:18:38 PST 2015

Using Debian Linux 8, CHIRP daily-20151023 (latest downloaded from the
CHIRP page), and an FTDI cable from Valley Enterprises.

I can download settings from my Yaesu FT-8800 just fine.  But when I try
to upload settings, I get this:

ERROR: Clone failed: Radio did not ack block at 0
ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: Radio did not ack block at 0 ---
ERROR: None

What's wrong?

--
David Griffith