[chirp_users] Csv files

Dave VK2FDJS
Wed Nov 11 00:59:19 PST 2015

Hi Gary

I don't think you can convert the image file to CSV.  I think the CSV file can only be created by the File/Export option.  This sends out the frequency information, which is most of what you'd want, but is not a conversion of the entire image file.

Could you step us through what you actually did to attempt to create your CSV file?  I'll try it on CHIRP here.

Could you also confirm your operating system?  (I'm using Windows 7.)

Regards, Dave VK2FDJS

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Runningbear
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Csv files

  Hi Dave, thanks for responding. I'm afraid I didn't make myself quite as clear as I should have. I read somewhere that you can convert the image to a CSV file in order to print out a hard copy of what is in the memories. that is what I was trying to do. I did run a Windows Search for the CSV file and it came up empty so I don't know what is happening to it.