[chirp_users] inexpensive Dual Band Mobile radios?

rdhutch at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 10 06:42:00 PST 2015

How about the Jeuntai JT-6188, also marketed as the Zastone KT-8900?  They offer a high power of 25 watts, vs the 10 Watts of the Leixen.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be Chirp supported yet, but are pretty easy to program manually.  I have both the Jeuntai and the Leixen and I can tell you that the Jeuntai / Zastone radios have tighter front ends, in that they don'r recieve anywhere as many spurious, off channel signals, and I get better transmit audio quality reports.  They're very compact, about same height and width as the Leixen but about 2" deeper. They also appear to be much better built with better speakers and heavier heat sink, and better microphone. All for under $100 on Amazon. I think they'd be an excellent choice for a beginner with limited space and budget.

http://www.amazon.com/Juentai-JT-6188-136-174-400-480MHz-Transceiver/dp/B0149KUE84/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1447165723&sr=1-5&keywords=dual+band+ham+radio

Ray, AE6H