[chirp_users] inexpensive Dual Band Mobile radios?

Shon Edwards
Tue Nov 10 04:08:39 PST 2015

Hi Dave!

I own about 30*40 handhelds, along with many mobiles and a base station.
So with all the HTs, I've had a lot of experience in that department.  If I
were you, I'd probably stick with Baofeng UV-82 (2M/70CM) and UV-82X
(1:25M/2M).  They are about 30 and 50 bucks respectively on Amazon.  The
one I own is the 82X, which is here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GFAJPC8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage.
The 82 is here:
http://www.amazon.com/Baofeng-UV-82-Black-Two-Way-Radio/dp/B00E4KLY34/ref=sr_1_2?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1447157035&sr=1-2&keywords=BaoFeng+UV-82&pebp=1447157054041&perid=00JXRE6R4S83X7YEBJPJ.
I have owned and used these little things and they are very durable, never
had a single problem with one of them and I own 8:

When it comes to the biggies, Yaesu is good.  Very durable and good
quality.  My favorite, but more expensive.  Kenwood, if you drop it on the
ground, you stand a good chance at sending it in and fixing it for at least
a hundred bucks.  I own two of the tribanders, which I love because 1.25 M
is 5W, something Yaesu doesn't do.

Alinco I like because I use 1.25 M a lot, but cheaper radios.  Still don't
have trouble with them.

I've got a bunch of others, but these are my thoughts on these particular
ones.

Take care,

Shon
K6QT
Layton, UT, USA

Shon R. Edwards, MA, AG (Czech Republic)
Amateur call:  K6QT
1039 N 2575 W
Layton, UT, 84041-7709
USA