[chirp_users] UV-5R Woes

K2AHU
Mon Nov 9 11:56:51 PST 2015

You sure it’s actually changing 600Hz and not another decimal? Sounds basic but it’s been done.

Wess Tester, K2AHU

QTH: KP2

 <http://www.vihamradio.org/> www.vihamradio.org

:o)

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Lamar Brown
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2015 15:42
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] UV-5R Woes

I have tried to program the UV-5R with Chirp and finally find out that I had to use a different model number to be able to  even get the  radio to upload to computer. I have added all my channels to the radio and downloaded to radio thinking  that everything is fix. I can key the HT and it don't key the repeater. If I have it on channel mode, it shows both +-  above the frequency display. It will drop the frequency down 0.600 like it suppose to. Ok if I have it on frequency mode , it shows - and  drops down the 0.600 as its suppose to. Still don't key the repeater. I have a Baofeng UV-3 and it keys the repeater, I have a Yaesu FT-250 and it keys the repeater. I'm at my wits end on trying to get this HT program. If someone can please tell me what to do I will really appreciate it.

Danny

KT4DLB