[chirp_users] UV-5R Woes

Lamar Brown
Mon Nov 9 11:41:34 PST 2015

I have tried to program the UV-5R with Chirp and finally find out that I
had to use a different model number to be able to  even get the  radio to
upload to computer. I have added all my channels to the radio and
downloaded to radio thinking  that everything is fix. I can key the HT and
it don't key the repeater. If I have it on channel mode, it shows both +-
above the frequency display. It will drop the frequency down 0.600 like it
suppose to. Ok if I have it on frequency mode , it shows - and  drops down
the 0.600 as its suppose to. Still don't key the repeater. I have a Baofeng
UV-3 and it keys the repeater, I have a Yaesu FT-250 and it keys the
repeater. I'm at my wits end on trying to get this HT program. If someone
can please tell me what to do I will really appreciate it.

Danny
KT4DLB