[chirp_users] FT-60 and CP2102

Steve Whitehead
Mon Nov 2 05:53:51 PST 2015

Turns out it looks like most of the CP2102 USB adapters are 3.3V output.
Specifications for
TTL logic is 5V.  I have ordered a CP2102 that has both so we'll try that
and see what
happens.

In the dim times (when we used a kerosene lamp to illuminate our computer
screens) a common
practice was to use a Max232 to convert RS232 levels to TTL for programming
radios when you did
not want to purchase a $40 cable from RT systems.  It was often hit and
miss if the radio would work
because the levels were sometimes not quite right.....

Should have the different CP2102 this week and report back.

--
Please note new e-mail address

nv7vham at gmail.com