[chirp_users] How to use the software

jerry hodgson
Wed May 13 16:42:54 PDT 2015

to listen, you could just program the frequencies with no offset, to use it
on the facility's system, you will need to know things like PL tones(some
repeaters require a tone to open the repeater to reduce accidental outside
interference), frequency offset(repeaters receive on one channel while
transmitting on another, gotta have it) etc, but if all you are doing is
listening, the repeater broadcast freq should(but may require more
settings) be all you need. typically either the chief site safety man or
engineering head will have those settings