[chirp_users] Import from stock config - option not available

Ronald Thornton
Wed May 13 06:38:03 PDT 2015

Rich,

I am running chirp on Ubuntu 14.02.  I can create your symptoms if I
delete both directory "chirp-daily-20150513/stock_configs/" and
"~/.chirp/stock_configs/" (during init, chirp copies chirp-daily stock
config files to ~/.chirp/stock_config and initializes the application to
use the files under my home directory).

I don't "install" chirp but simply extract the daily build and run it in
place.  An installed version may expect the source stock_configs/ files
elsewhere (I think /usr/share/chirp on Ubuntu).

I don't know much about the Mac, but for some reason it can't seem to
find the stock_config/* files that are part of the distribution so it
doesn't create the corresponding menu items.

Regards,
Ron (happy Chirp to Baofeng user) N1JKL

Aerostation - The Art of Ballooning
www.Aerostation.org