[chirp_users] Versions

Bry Carling AF4K
Tue Mar 31 03:21:04 PDT 2015

Thank you very much David,

After trying many other things...

I ran the cable loop back tester software, and set to COM3.
Ran the test and nothing happens.

I have tried this with the radio just turned on.
I have tried this with hreadio in the CLONE mode.
I have tried this with the radio in the CLONE OUT mode.

I never get any response. I think perhaps I have a bad cable - sigh!

One other clue is that the cable makes the radio SCAN whenevr I plug it in normally
I have to fiddle with it and reinsert it numerous times before it will stop scanning and sit at a
fixed frequency.

The supplier assures me these are not the fake chips but genuine FTDI
chips he is using,
and charged a premium price for it.

The cable came from Mark Dunkle, KJ6ZWL. I will relay all of this information and see if he can send me another cable that works.

Manufacturer: FTDI
on USB Serial Converter

Driver Provided: FTDI
8/26/2014