[chirp_users] A handy web-page for novices

John Rice
Tue Mar 24 18:57:09 PDT 2015

NOTE

In the US, those frequencies shown as PMR are actually
Amateur radio frequencie. Those and frequencies listed as
HAM frequencies require an Amateur radio license to use
legally.

GMRS Repeaters also require that you have a GMRS liscense
plus permission of the repeater owner to use.

Marine frequencies require license to use.

Many of those limitations are not clearly spelled out on
that web page. Be AWARE of the limitations, penalties for
unliscensed use can be severe.