[chirp_users] A handy web-page for novices

Andrew Sprott
Tue Mar 24 18:10:06 PDT 2015

Hello, I would like to say hi to you all and hope I shall learn from this
list. I found this web-page that lists 98 frequencies for public access,
emergency, maritime etc., as well as frequencies reserved for walkie talkie
handsets graded for low power, restricted range and another that seems to
accommodate higher transmittion power with options for the antenna.

https://radiofreeq.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/program-your-vhf-uhf-transceivers-for-disaster-preparedness-with-frs-gmrs-pmr-murs-business-weather-marine-ham-channel-frequencies/

There is a cvs file which can be imported and uploaded onto your uv-5r
using Chirp. The page also has a neat description of the different types of
frequencies, worth printing out.

A good manual for the uv-5r can also be accessed here.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/pdf/uv-5r_v1.0.pdf

Andrew