[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-F8HP uploading

Jim Unroe
Fri Mar 20 11:44:05 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM,  <mail at thekantners.com> wrote:
> I can download just fine (using ur5 setting), but I can not upload as it
> does not like the Baofeng model number.   I am using Chrip 4.1
> Suggestions?
>
> Kantner

Robert is correct. The CHIRP stable build was released in April of
2014. Support for the BF-F8HP wasn't available until after that.
That's why the "Supported Radio Models" list on the CHIRP home page
says "BF-F8HP (in daily builds)". It is important to use a CHIRP daily
build from September 2014 or after for Baofeng radios. The CHIRP
v0.4.x stable build should not be used for Baofeng radios.