[chirp_users] Updating CHIRP program

Michael D Earls
Sun Mar 15 17:41:48 PDT 2015

30 minutes after sending my message and 90 minutes after I clicked on
chirp-daily-20150314-installer.exe, I finally was presented with the Run
box.

It appears to have installed correctly.

It displays the newer version info and loaded my old file.

Otherwise, will be at least a few days before I can play with it.

?????

Mike Earls
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Michael D
Earls
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2015 7:02 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: [chirp_users] Updating CHIRP program

I'm still running Daily Build 20130627, which still works fine for my two
UV-5Rs.

Because I wanted to play with the squelch settings and because I might want
to program newer units than mine, I attempted to install recent daily
builds.

My first attempt was chirp-daily-20150306-installer.exe. Then, I tried
chirp-daily-20150314-installer.exe.

In both cases, they appear to run ad infinitum, but no Run or Install window
ever appears.

>From the Q&A page:
How do I upgrade to a newer version of CHIRP?
Nothing special is needed. Just download the newer version and install it.
The install will replace the old version automatically. This applies to the
daily builds as well.

Did I choose the wrong file to install from?

Mike Earls
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member