[chirp_users] FT1D programming went well on Centos 6 - comments & errata

Tom Hayward
Mon Jun 29 11:18:35 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:25 AM, David Ranch <chirp at trinnet.net> wrote:
>    APRS Messages
>    - It's pretty slick you can capture these messages but what if I don't
> want to clone them to another radio.  Can you give me a checkbox to delete
> or not export some/all of these?

I believe this is a limitation of Yaesu's clone protocol. Yaesu clone
is all or nothing--you don't get to pick and choose what data
transfers. For this reason, I would recommend not uploading an img
from one radio to another.

Instead, download from both radios. Now use export/import or
copy/paste to copy only the channels from one radio to the other. None
of the settings, messages, or beacons will be touched. Upload the
modified img only to the radio it came from.

Tom KD7LXL