[chirp_users] UV82 firmware incompatible

Todd Bloomingdale
Thu Jun 11 23:25:36 PDT 2015

John,

Try this.
Hook up your new radio and try reading it. If it reads successful then,
were getting somewhere. If you can download from your new 82, then once it
is open and loaded. go up to file then open. Here is where you want to load
your older 82's file. You should have 2 tabs open. 1 for the new and 1 for
the old. Go to your old file and copy and paste the frequency list from the
old into the new radio tab.
Once you got that done, take and read the new radio with the new tab that
was opened with the frequencies you just copied. It should now be loaded
with the same frequency data as your older 82.

What is happening is your taking your old 82 with a older firmware and
trying to force the new radio with a newer firmware. And they don't like to
play nice. Always, Always read from your radio 1st before trying to mix and
match radios. What I do is make a master file and then do as instructed
from above and the firemares wont mix as your only moving the data. Hope
this helps. let me know how it goes or any other questions.

Todd Bloomingdale​-KC9LOX​

Tomah, WI