[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-6R Support

Heiko Bujak
Wed Jul 29 09:35:40 PDT 2015

Hello

a few days ago, i reported a similar problem. i got an Pofung UV-6R,
which is definitely not support by Chirp.
The reason is simply, there are different versions of this radio with
different firmware versions.

My radio shows HDBF230 on screen, when typing on '3' and switch on.
On Software for entering programming mode, there is a need to send first
some magic bytes.
Chirp tries this
UV5R_MODEL_UV6 = "\x50\xBB\xFF\x20\x12\x08\x23"
UV5R_MODEL_UV6_ORIG = "\x50\xBB\xFF\x12\x03\x98\x4D"
by my model needs
UV5R_MODEL_UV6_NEW = "\x50\xBB\xFF\x20\x14\x11\x22"

Currently i develope a new driver for this radio, but it needs many time
to check the differences.
Today, i can download from the device, all memories are ok, but some
data like vfo is missing.
Maybe in a few days, i will have the correct behaviour, but until now,
entering data by operators fingers is required.

remark: i am not an official developer of chirp, its just for fun.

73 de Heiko, DH2FAA (German Radio Amateur)

--
*Heiko Bujak*
Liebigstr. 15A