[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-6R Support

Rob Ogilvie
Wed Jul 29 09:16:45 PDT 2015

Howdy!

I naively purchased a 2015 Baofeng UV-6R as my first radio and have
found chirp (Chirp?  CHIRP?  C.H.I.R.P.?) to not support the radio,
which makes programming it from my Mac somewhat problematic.

I've scoured the Internet and reached out to as many folks as I could
find to see if they had it working, and it appears the 2015 release of
the radio just doesn't work with chirp today.

I'd like to help fix that.  I was a (Java and PL/SQL) developer in a
past life and can hack on Python code when I have to.  Is there a
guide available that describes how to start porting another radio, or
is there a developer who is interested in working with me on this?  If
I need to send my radio somewhere because it's a super dark art, I'm
willing to take that step.

Somebody started an issue for it here: http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/2761

Thanks!

Rob / KG7VBO