[chirp_users] Looking for TYT TH-UV3R images

Eric Allen
Sat Jan 31 17:09:20 PST 2015

Hey folks,

I've discovered a new firmware revision for the TYT TH-UV3R (TYT calls
it the TH-UV3R25 in their software) that supports 2.5kHz channel steps
and possibly a few other features, as well.

I'm working on getting CHIRP to discriminate between the two radio
versions, and I need your help. If you have a TH-UV3R, can you please
send me a .img file to (ag6ie at wolak.net) downloaded from your radio? If
I get enough of these together, I should be able to pinpoint the spot in
memory that determines the version number so that we can make the
support for the two versions seamless.

Also, if you've attempted to program a TH-UV3R with CHIRP but the
memories on the radio were blank or scrambled, then you're in luck: the
next version of CHIRP should have full support for your radio.

Thanks!

-Eric AG6IE