[chirp_users] UV82 Not Programming Via FTDI Cable

Jim Unroe
Thu Jan 29 16:19:52 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM, KD9BQO - James Brantley
<kd9bqo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a UV82 and an FTDI cable, downloads radio information just
> fine and allows me to create CSV file, when I choose upload, the radio led
> show green so there is activity but when the process is complete nothing has
> changed on the radio.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> KD9BQO, James

Hi James,

Are you sure? Download from the radio, make a simple change (for
example, pick and empty Loc row and key in 146.52 into the Frequency
column and press enter to create a new channel), then upload it back
to the radio. Now check to see if the channel is there and report
back.