[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-F8HP

mats.g.roos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:03:01 PST 2015

Open Device Manager
Remove Old Com ports and USB devices: Proceed to step 2 of this tutorial.
When that is done, still in Device manager, navigate to your problem USB cable (it should have a yellow exclamation mark on it)
Remove it, and then reinstall the driver
If that driver will still not work then:
Right click on it, and choose update driver.
Click Browse my Computer...
Click Let me pick from a list...
A list of all of the drivers should show. Choose the oldest Prolific driver on the list. I chose version 3.2.0 from 2007
Install it, and you're done!
If you are using PuTTy, note that when you connect, the COM port may not work as expected. What you should do, if you need to, is go into the Serial options in the main PuTTy window, and turn off flow control.

Everything should work right now.

Mats