[chirp_users] Who used CHIRP in linux ubuntu mode ?

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Thu Jan 8 07:22:57 PST 2015

The poster, y_61 says that he bought a new cable from Baofeng through
Amazon.it, and the cable works fine in Windows but when used with the Chirp
Live CD based on Ubuntu with upgraded CHIRP to DAILY CHIRP  (20150102) with GTK
2.24-10   Pyton 2.7.3   PYGTK  2.24.0, connecting the cable results in the
Baofeng UV-5R (BFS 297) going into TRANSMIT mode.

The poster, y_61 does not understand why the same cable is working with
Windows but not with Ubuntu CHIRP Live CD.
The poster, y_61 does not confirm that the version of CHIRP used on Windows
is the same DAILY CHIRP or other.

Does anyone know why the Baofeng UV-5R is going into transmit.

The poster, y_61 does not state at which moment the UV-5R goes into
transmit.

David