[chirp_users] UV-5R Says "Radio did not respond"

Bob Boehme
Sat Jan 3 07:35:04 PST 2015

The plug does not go all the way in on some of the newer radios... trim a
bit off the side with a knife and it will go all the way in..

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Richard
Dillman
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 3:55 PM
To: Jim Unroe; Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV-5R Says "Radio did not respond"

>Hi Richard,
>
>Since the programming cable already works with your radio, the driver
>and programming cable must be OK. This means the problem is that you
>are not getting the plug fully engaged in the radio.
>
>Jim KC9HI

Hi Jim.  You are always quick to respond with helpful advice.  Thanks!

Yeah, I encountered that plug seating issue with my own UV-5RA so with the
UV-5R radio I really put some pressure on the connector - even trimmed the
plug.  But no joy.  So maybe a defective connector on the radio side.

Best,

RD

Richard Dillman, T2-GB-061170
Chief Operator, Coast Station KSM