[chirp_users] Error Trying To Download From FT-1D

W Paul Mills
Wed Feb 11 15:10:28 PST 2015

Should be showing as /dev/ttyUSB0 or something similar. From a text box
or terminal screen type "vdir /dev/ttyUSB*" and see what the results
show. If nothing shows, your cable is not being recognised. If it shows,
but not in chirp text box, type it in, and it should work.

On 02/11/2015 02:49 PM, n4lbl wrote:
> When trying to download I get the message:
>
>     An error has occurred
>     Could not configure port: (5, 'Input/output error')
>
> ​The environment is Ubuntu 14.04, Chirp daily -20150210, cable SCU-18
> with power light on, HT in CLONE mode.
>
> ​The Radio box presents port choices /dev/ttyS0 thru /dev/ttyS31 and I
> have tried many of these but not all, and always received the same exact
> message.  There were no USB possibilities presented.​
>
> The message said nothing of permissions.  I did check anyway and saw:
>
>     n4lbl at eel:~$ groups n4lbl
>     n4lbl : n4lbl adm dialout fax cdrom floppy tape audio dip video
>     plugdev fuse scanner lpadmin netdev sambashare
>
> ​so that seems OK.​
>
> The HT's internal code is ancient:  from when I bought it in Nov. or
> Dec. '13.  My intention was to back it up before upgrading the code.
>
> This is sure to be a knuckleheaded mistake or something I didn't read or
> forgot.
> ​  Thanks,,,
>
> Alan,,,   n4lbl​

* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                    *
* W. Paul Mills         SN807                    *
* Assistant EC Alpha-1 ARES Shawnee/Wabunsee, KS *
* President Kaw Valley Amateur Radio Club        *