[chirp_users] Error Trying To Download From FT-1D

n4lbl
Wed Feb 11 12:49:01 PST 2015

When trying to download I get the message:

An error has occurred
Could not configure port: (5, 'Input/output error')

​The environment is Ubuntu 14.04, Chirp daily -20150210, cable SCU-18 with
power light on, HT in CLONE mode.

​The Radio box presents port choices /dev/ttyS0 thru /dev/ttyS31 and I have
tried many of these but not all, and always received the same exact
message.  There were no USB possibilities presented.​

The message said nothing of permissions.  I did check anyway and saw:

n4lbl at eel:~$ groups n4lbl
n4lbl : n4lbl adm dialout fax cdrom floppy tape audio dip video plugdev
fuse scanner lpadmin netdev sambashare

​so that seems OK.​

The HT's internal code is ancient:  from when I bought it in Nov. or Dec.
'13.  My intention was to back it up before upgrading the code.

This is sure to be a knuckleheaded mistake or something I didn't read or
forgot.
​  Thanks,,,

Alan,,,   n4lbl​