[chirp_users] SainSonic AP510

Tom Hayward
Wed Feb 11 13:21:34 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>    If I simply connect the AP510 up by itself and change the permission on
> /dev/ttyUSB0 with sudo
> and fire up the "latest" Linux Chirp version, if I follow the command from
> Chirp to turn on the device it fails to read it every time.
> Is the Linux version of Chirp unable to read/program the AP510?  I'm using
> the provided cable.  Kurt KC9LDH

The non-working example you gave is how I program my AP510 every time,
from Linux. I've only verified it works with the latest 20141008 (rx
free) firmware. Is this the version you have?

My only other thought is that you are messing things up with
permissions. My user is a member of the dialout group and I don't have
to touch permissions to use the USB-serial port.

Tom KD7LXL