[chirp_users] SainSonic AP510

Kurt
Wed Feb 11 13:11:52 PST 2015

    Wondering if there is any trick to getting Chirp to work with the SainSonic AP510 tracker?
I have a Slackware laptop that is running Vbox so I can fire up an XP client.  I can connect the
AP510 to /dev/ttyUSB0 change the permission so the "user" can use it with sudo, use Vbox to
open the XP client and get the port recognized as a viable "com" port.  The AP510 software will
then work fine and program device no problem through this convoluted connection! :-)

   If I simply connect the AP510 up by itself and change the permission on /dev/ttyUSB0 with sudo
and fire up the "latest" Linux Chirp version, if I follow the command from Chirp to turn on the device it fails to read it every time.

 I mean I suppose I could place the Windows version of Chirp on the XP client but I would prefer to leave it off.

Is the Linux version of Chirp unable to read/program the AP510?  I'm using the provided cable.  Kurt KC9LDH