[chirp_users] trouble shooting

Tom Hayward
Fri Feb 6 09:46:41 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM, LeonardKeepers
<Leonard.Keepers at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello group. i would like to ask who does the trouble shooting when a
> bug is reported with chirp. is the bug trouble shooting done mostly by
> volunteers to find and fix bugs when they are reported here on this
> reflector. i reported a bug may 29 2014 and have not seen where anyone
> has worked on finding a fix for my bug. my bug issue is 1665. i have a
> kenwood tm d-700 A for which i am not able to store pl tones. i can
> change the frequency, as mentioned cannot store a pl tone. thank you
> leonard

All work on Chirp is done by volunteers. To my knowledge, all of them
have other full-time jobs, so any work on Chirp is done in free time.

Moreover, I'm not aware of any Chirp developers with access to a
TM-D700 to test your problem. Your bug report will probably sit
untouched until a TM-D700 owner volunteers to fix the bug themselves.

Tom KD7LXL