[chirp_users] "Unexpected response" from Icom IC-2200H

John LaMartina
Thu Feb 5 17:22:05 PST 2015

CHIRP 0.4.1 is 10 months old.
You need to run CHIRPs Latest Daily Build

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error4c

John

http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Mark Crummett
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 4:47 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] "Unexpected response" from Icom IC-2200H

Trying to use CHIRP 0.4.1 to program an Icom IC-2200H. All I can get is an error message- "Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected response from radio."

I don't think it's a driver problem. FTDI cable is recognized by the computer as COM5. A similar cable on COM4 works fine with a UV5B.

Should the radio be on any special settings? I tried the Clone mode; that didn't seem to make any difference.

Could there be an issue with the speaker port? (Probably outside the scope of this list.)

I'm new to this; am I missing something?

thx,

Mark

KG7NZQ

--