[chirp_users] "Unexpected response" from Icom IC-2200H

Mark Crummett
Thu Feb 5 13:47:27 PST 2015

Trying to use CHIRP 0.4.1 to program an Icom IC-2200H. All I can get is an
error message- "Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected response
from radio."

I don't think it's a driver problem. FTDI cable is recognized by the
computer as COM5. A similar cable on COM4 works fine with a UV5B.
Should the radio be on any special settings? I tried the Clone mode; that
didn't seem to make any difference.
Could there be an issue with the speaker port? (Probably outside the scope
of this list.)

I'm new to this; am I missing something?

thx,
Mark
KG7NZQ

--