[chirp_users] UV-B5 does not ACK programming mode - remote debug of return value?

Richard Menedetter
Thu Feb 5 13:29:00 PST 2015

Hi list

I have a Boafeng BF-F8+ und a UV-B5.
The latter can't be programmed with chirp.
It gives me the error "radio did not ack programming mode".
The BF-F8+ works with the same cable on the same computer.
The UV-B5 works with the Baofeng SW.

So I read that the UV-B5 seems to "change identity" according to the menu settings.
But I cannot get it running. (tried to set everything to frequency mode)
Tried to reset the UV-B5.
Changing compander is not possible, as this option was removed from my UV-B5 firmware ...

Tried to download the beta from the list welcome message, but only get a 404:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/download/beta/

Tried with the last stable Chirp and with a daily from early february.

Would it be possible to either try to remotely debug what my UV-B5 is sending and include it into chitp or maybe give an option to ignore the return value from the handset if UV-B5 is chosen?

I am quit sure the actual communication would work, if Chirp would not give up on the unknown ACK signal from the handset.

I would be very glad if I could use chirp to import the BF-F8+ settings into my UV-B5.

I hope that we can work this out together!

CU, Ricsi