[chirp_users] My question - RE: Welcome to the "chirp_users" mailing list

Jim Unroe
Tue Dec 15 09:52:17 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Bob Howard <bobby.o.howard at hotmail.com> wrote:
> /been using Chrip for couple years and have programmed Baofeng UV5 and UV82.
> I have 2 new UV82 and finilly got them to not have errors while transferring
> data but can not get ether radio to received from the other.  Any history?
> Resolutions?

Bob,

No history. Most likely an issue with how they are programmed.

If any of the radios have CT or DCS in the left status area while
receiving, then the radios that you are trying to listen to must
transmit the matching CTCSS tone or DCS code.

Attach a CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file from one of the older radios
radios and one from a newer radio and I will take a look at them.