[chirp_users] Problem configured Sainsonic APR510 APRS with latest daily chirp

Tim Miranda
Sun Dec 13 10:26:52 PST 2015

Hi -

I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I got my Sainsonic APR510 APRS device up and running today using the
manufacturer's config software on my win7 laptop, but I heard that
daily-20151212 version of CHIRP had support for changing the "settings" of
this device, and since I love CHIRP, I thought I'd try.

Unfortunately, no matter what combination of
power-on/power-off/disconnect/connect, I couldn't get it to succeed when
doing a Radio->Download from Radio.

My com port is COM4, and I know that works with the manufacturer's web
site, but when I try to Download From Radio with CHIRP, it appears to start
the download, make it almost all the way through (according to the progress
bar), but then a popup shows "An error has occured: '00'" and it fails to
download.

[image: Inline image 2]

Any ideas?

Tim