[chirp_users] "Wrong Model Selected" error

swphillips at cox.net
Fri Dec 11 14:50:37 PST 2015

Using the latest build of CHIRP, I had a problem saving the system image of my new BF-F8HP. CHIRP returned the “incorrect model selected” error when I chose BF-F8HP, so I tried UV5R and was able to upload the system image. I wrote back to the radio using this file and it is causing problems. I am looking for a uncorrupted system image for my firmware. These are the returns I am getting from the radio now:
Power+3= BFB297
Power+6= 141006N
CHIRP-Other Settings= HN5RV01

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve P