[chirp_users] Uploading freq's

Jim Unroe
Sat Dec 5 05:48:05 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 7:46 AM, dave boswell via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> I did not receive anything on how to install with the disc and cord. I have
> downloaded the latest chirp build. What is the proper way to install the
> freq's. Could someone help me please?

Assuming that is is for a Baofeng radio, you did not purchase a
programming cable with an FTDI chip and you are going to use the
programming cable with MS Windows, my recommendation is to ignore the
disc that came with the programming cable.

The programming cable will most likely contain a Prolific type chip in
it that will require that you downgrade the incompatible driver that
is automatically installed by Windows. A download link for the
compatible driver and instructions for installing and selecting it is
available here...

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Guides and examples for using CHIRP with a Baofeng radio are available here...

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides