[chirp_users] CHIRP daily-20150814 possible bug FT857

Jim Unroe
Sat Aug 22 08:44:33 PDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 9:36 AM, w4grj <w4grj at satterfield.org> wrote:
> I have what appears to be a bug with latest daily build for FT857 with MARS
> Mod.
> It will not download from radio.
> Same Win10 computer and cable works fine with other programming software.
> How do I report this properly?
>
> Jack
> W4GRJ

CHIRP support for the FT857 has has been untouched for at least 6 months.

I would suggest trying a daily build from last year or even the CHIRP
v0.4.1 stable build to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't,
then I would be pretty sure this is not a CHIRP issue. If it does, I
would suggest that since you have a FT857 and there is a chance that
no of the developers do, you might go through the daily builds to find
at which build the support actually breaks. This would be very helpful
for anyone trying to figure out what may have changed.

But to answer your question, on the CHIRP wiki/home page, in the "To
get started" section, click the link in step 2 for the CHIRP
documentation page. On this page click the link for the "How to report
issues" page.